Shall the Town vote to raise and appropriate the sum of $7,300,000 (gross
budget) for the construction of a new central fire station and to authorize the
Board of Selectmen to issue $6,900,000 in bonds or notes in accordance with the
provisions of the Municipal Budget Act (RSA 33), and to authorize the Selectmen
to negotiate and determine the rate of interest thereon and the maturity and
other terms there of not to exceed a term of 15 years and to take any other
action they deem appropriate to effectuate the sale and/or issuance of said
bonds or notes and additionally to apply $400,000 of impact fees to the
construction project and also raise and appropriate the sum of $25,000 for the
first year’s interest and costs? (Recommended by Selectmen) (Recommended by
Budget Committee) (3/5 Majority Vote Required)
||Board of Selectmen
|Board of Selectmen
||7-4-0 Recommended (Lavallee - no, Lowe - no, Dennis Viger -
no, Sherman - no)
Voter's Guide Explanation
years ago, the Board appointed a committee to review alternatives and create
plans for a central fire station. This Article funds final design and
construction of a fire station that meets full build out of the town and
will not exceed $7.3 million in cost.
Why Pelham needs a new Central Fire Station
· Apparatus, Rescue, and Emergency Supplies are stored at Annex Building,
Mills Property, 2-40’ storage trailers, and Firefighters homes
· Longevity of equipment and apparatus.
· Meets EPA, NFPA, & OSHA Standards
· Provides adequate facilities for town’s growth over next 20 years.
· Water conservation.
· Proper medical supply storage
· Emergency Operations Center
· Improved response time
· Hose, pump, fire equipment testing areas.
· Proper cleaning of clothing and gear.
· Proper bathroom and shower facilities
· Environmental factors.
· Safe SCBA filling room.
· Enhanced Radio Communications.
· Security (terrorism, supplies, apparatus, and equipment)
· Functional training environment
· Non hazardous building for staff.
Emergency Equipment exposed to the elements
· SCBA Trailer
· Forestry 1,2, & 3
· Rescue Boat
· Hazardous Materials Trailer
· Inspector’s Car
· Incident Command Vehicle
· Ladder 2
Power Point Presentation